Monday, February 24, 2014

81 Days: Hen Party Planning


I’ve been really excited about my Hen Party since we got engaged. I’ve only been to two other Hen Parties; one was a family friend and the other was for one of my best friends Rachael (you can read her blog here, and see some marriage tips she gave us in my post for Hitched.ie).  Rachael’s Hen Party was so much fun; cocktails, hot tub, games, horse riding, pampering, dinner, more cocktails, dancing and lots of sore heads by the end of the weekend!  My Hen Party is particularly exciting for me as we’ve moved away from a lot of our friends so girlie nights out with my bestfriends don’t happen as often as they used too. 

I was confident that my Bridesmaids would come up with a good plan for the Hen Party, and they haven’t let me down!
Buskers Bar at Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin
Photo from Temple Bar Website
At the end of March a group of lovely ladies will be joining me as we head to Dublin, for a cocktail making class at the Temple Bar Hotel, dinner and a night out at the Wright Venue  for a sort of Sex and the City themed Hen Party.  I’ve heard really good things about the Wright Venue so I’m really looking forward dancing the night away!  A lot of what I miss is getting ready together with my friends, (sometimes Jim comes and sits with me while I do my make-up but it’s not the same) so we’ve booked into a hotel for some girlie pampering before we go out. 


City Themed Rooms at the Wright Venue
Photo from Wright Venue Website
I wanted something chic and not too stereotypically ‘Hen Party’ so the girls are all going in Little Black Dresses and my bridesmaids suggested I wear a different colour so I’ve started looking for a dress but it’s proving almost as difficult as finding a wedding dress!!

My favourites so far are below (Spring/floral theme).
Warehouse - £65 (currently 20% off)



Whistles - £165

Ted Baker - £139

We're going to put together some goodie bags for all the guests which I'm very excited about and I'm going to make some badges/rosettes on the Sex & The City Theme, possibly from old copies of Elle & Vogue - we'll see how that goes...
Very Rough Trial Run

Amy
x

1 comment: